Saturday, May 9, 2015

Really?????

So, I'm about to blog after a long affair with Facebook, and I see the top of my screen, which has my blog site name followed by my current blog title, and I realize how incredibly fitting it is.  "This is who I am...  Really?

I've been going through some "stuff" lately, and trying to look more inward, than out.  Ironically, the other day a verse from 1 Corinthians came to me, and revealed something to me that I hadn't realized before.

1 Cor 27: "But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty, and the base things of the world, and the things which are despised God has chosen...."

While I was seeking understanding of what I was working through in my head, my "stuff", as any WISE person would do I sought counsel, hoping to find some answers, and I did.  I'm sure it wasn't the final answer, actually, I'm pretty sure it was the starting answer. "At the end of the day, you need to let God be who He is, and you need to be who you are.  You just have to do your best to be sincere, and trust Him with what He is doing."

Let me go back to the verse from Corinthians.  What hit me this week was that I have always read that verse as if the description was about two DIFFERENT people.  This week I read it as I am one in the same.  I am both the one who thinks they are wise, only to find out I am but a fool, under close inspection.  I know some of you are like, "She's just now figuring this out?  I've known she's a fool for a long time."  :)

Time to elaborate.  Me, in my WISDOM, sought counsel, thinking my way was the right way, however what I found was that I am more often than not, wrong, and I was actually glad when the fool in me showed up, so I could recognize myself.  We roll through this life, believing our way IS the right way when really it's NOT.   HIS way is the right way.  It's actually the only way.   His way is open, and loving, and forgiving, and eternal.  My way is short sighted, sometimes narrow, and most times selfish.  This week I realized I am a Wise Fool and a Mighty Weakling.  And that has given me much to think about,  leaving me with a heart that is desiring to change for the better, to be more like Him, which is actually my goal in life.  What would, or should I say could happen if I were to strive to follow His ways of acceptance, love, and forgiveness?  I'm earnestly hoping to find out. 

No comments: