Sunday, May 16, 2010

Family life in South Dakota...



Life is good.... in most places, but mostly in South Dakota... for me.....

We have had a wonderful time visiting with my father, brother, sister, mom, Uncle George,and Aunt Dianne for the last 3 weeks.... Fortunately, for us, they have experienced the phenomenon of 3 seasons in 3 weeks (something we spoken of that none have believed) Spring... Winter.. Summer... They arrived to Spring... nice, tepid weather.... then the snow arrived.... and it snowed and snowed (winter)... then the heat arrived... and once again, someone was awed....in the Black Hills of South Dakota.... We also experienced "Adventures in SoDak" when we hulled a felled tree from the road with our (every smart SoDak resident has one...) TOW ROPE from the back of my car...rode horses, caught fish (in the snow, in the rain, in the sun... all in the same day).....GOTTA LOVE IT....

Here are some pictures (and video) of our joyous time together... First one is Andrew riding Lacy and the second one we call... "If a tree falls in the forest in South Dakota...get'er done!"





2 comments:

Cowgirl said...

Oh. I LOVE the picture of the 3 horses...they are so gorgeous! The 3 amigos are pretty cute too...hah!

Your sentiments about your 'place', your 'home' are so right on. It is a wonderful thing to experience and I empathize with you. I think coming from SoCal, and feeling so disconnected there makes the experience of belonging to a 'community' extra vivid.

I am glad you found that in SoDak. It is a beautiful place in more ways than one. Imagine... it was there all the time and you were smart enough to find it.

Love my SoDak little sister. xo

Cowgirl said...

I'm so jealous! I wanna do bideo, too...waaaaaahwaaaah.

xo