Saturday, May 31, 2008

Spring....One of my favorite times of year....










"And everything that’s new has bravely surfaced
Teaching us to breathe
What was frozen through is newly purposed
Turning all things green
So it is with You And how You make me new
With every season’s change
And so it will be As You are re-creating me
Summer, autumn, winter, spring"
Exerpt from Nichole Nordeman's "Every Season"


















Wow! How blessed are we? I find myself in awe of the beauty around me. Last weekend we planted our garden and I would stop and look up to see the bluest sky with the whitest, puffiest clouds, lazily hanging in the air. Everything here is popping. I did a walk-about and decided to share some of our spring colors. We love our little yard and all the life it surprisingly gives us. We have a resident bunny who hangs in the front yard and beautiful bulbs of iris, lily and bushes of lilac. The really cool thing about living somewhere that has seasons is that as each one comes, everything changes, slowly at first then you see the big picture. The changes make you appreciated what is coming and also what was, and you get to look forward to the next season, the next change, the next year..... Life is good.

1 comment:

Cowgirl said...

Dah-ling! You are so right. Each season is so wonderful and the change so dramatic. I too, can now really appreciate the newness of spring, the fullness of summer, the winding down of fall and the ultimate quiet of winter. Yah-baybee. XXXOOO